rock learning now
because of the covid-19 pandemic, we know that the teaching and learning environment at sru will be different from past semesters. however, being different is not necessarily a bad thing as you’ll just experience learning in new ways.
on this page you’ll find helpful videos and resources that are easy to navigate and student friendly. the links on the left side of the screen will lead you to many valuable resources that will help you be successful as we begin the fall semester, including:
- the classroom experience describes the different types of classes that will be offered. you can learn more about online classes, covid online classes, multimodal classes and traditional classes. this will provide insight into what your class experience will be like.
- online learning platforms links you to information about the different online services in use at sru including rockmail, d2l, zoom, microsoft 365 and others. with the use of video tutorials and other resources you'll soon be on your way to becoming an expert with each of these platforms.
- doing your best: skills, tips and techniques offers information about different study methods, tips and techniques that will be useful in our new learning environment. we are dedicated to your success and this section is sure to ease your way into the classroom this semester.
- get more help: campus resources includes links to various campus resources that focus on classes and learning. these additional resources include information about student services, departments and involvement opportunities available at sru.
- perhaps best of all, we have created chat with a student, a way for you to connect directly with an experienced student. this feature allows you to gain a current student's perspective on questions you may have. get started by clicking on the ‘chat with a p2p partner’ link and choose your preferred method of connecting.
- check out the frequently asked questions link for an overview of the most common questions that students have about classes at sru this fall. there’s a good chance you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
sru may look different right now, but we are stronger together. as a university and community, we want to be sure that you have all the resources you need to succeed.